Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The 'Keep Calm' Persuasion

There was this boring week last 2011 - no work to do hence a very dense, slow-paced day at the office. To while away the time, I got a kick out of the 'Keep Calm Carry On' poster generator and started making posters with absolutely random meanings.

I guess what got me moved was when I did a little research on what scored this 'calming' revolution. Apparently, this was started by the British government in 1939 during the early part of World War 2. The poster, now making rounds on the internet, was intended to boost the dwindling morale of the British community. Wartime always brought inevitable realities - deportation, fathers/brothers/husbands sent to military camps, deaths and time spaces between families.

Such interesting facts that sadly got defaced. But I hope I brought a little justice to the original with these posters. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...